Valley Forge Christian College
Valley Forge Christian College is an American four-year, residential college in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, 8.8 miles from Valley Forge National Historical Park. It is operated by the Assemblies of God denomination.
Valley Forge Christian College began as a summer Bible School on the campgrounds of Maranatha Park, Green Lane, PA, in 1932. It existed for the training of pastors, evangelists, missionaries, Christian education workers and lay workers. The summer Bible School grew into a permanent Bible School and, in 1939, was chartered as Maranatha Bible School. Mergers with Beulah Heights Bible Institute, Metropolitan Bible Institute, New England Bible Institute and Pine Crest Bible School resulted in increased enrollment and a name change to Eastern Bible Institute and later, Northeast Bible Institute. The college moved in 1976 to the campus of the former Valley Forge Army Hospital in Phoenixville, PA. Today the school has an enrollment of over 1130 students, offers 66 undergraduate programs and seven graduate programs. In the summer of 2002 the college was granted accreditation with Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Significant changes have also taken place on the college campus with major renovations and new construction. The newest building, Cardone Hall, was completed in the fall of 2007.
To prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world. VFCC is part of an international network of Assemblies of God colleges and universities. As an educational resource center, the College prepares Pentecostal leaders according to Luke 2:52 ï¿½ intellectually, physically, spiritually, and socially. Since 1939, these individuals have gone on to begin a career, continue professional development, and/or pursue further education at the graduate level.