Scott Community College
Scott Community College is a community college in Bettendorf, Iowa and is part of the Eastern Iowa Community College District which also includes Clinton Community College and Muscatine Community College.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges Eastern Iowa Community College District OfficeEICC, formally Eastern Iowa Community College District, was established in 1965 by the Iowa General Assembly as one of 15 community college merged areas. The move combined Clinton Junior College, Muscatine Junior College and the vocational-technical programs of the Davenport schools. The District acquired the former Palmer Junior College in 1979 to make Scott Community College a comprehensive institution. In 2001, it opened the John T. Blong Manufacturing Technology Center providing advanced manufacturing training to hundreds of students every year. Clinton Community College Clinton Community College entranceClinton Junior College opened in September 1946 as a division of the Clinton Public School System with 86 students, half of them World War II veterans. Classes were conducted at Clinton High School until 1965 when the college's own building opened. Between 1956 and 1965, enrollment tripled. The college changed its name in 1964 to Clinton Community College to reflect its philosophy and comprehensive objectives. In 1966 it became part of EICC. In addition to its main campus, Clinton Community College serves students through its Maquoketa Center and CCC Technology Center. Muscatine Community College Muscatine Community College Science WingMuscatine Junior College was established in 1929 to provide the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. Additional programs were added as the college expanded to meet the diverse needs of the community and in 1962 the name was changed to Muscatine Community College to reflect its broader mission. The agriculture-business program established in 1965 has since been copied nationwide. The college became a part of EICC in 1966 and is housed on an attractive 27-acre site in north Muscatine. The college has grown to include the Muscatine Industrial Technology Center, the Vic McAvoy University Center and two housing complexes. In addition, it also serves Wilton and Columbus Junction with new satellite centers in those communities. Scott Community College Scott Community College Science WingIn 1966 Scott Community College was formed by an act of the Iowa General Assembly. At that time, it began offering the limited number of career technology programs for adults and high school youth previously held by the Davenport Community School System. It continued to offer solely career programs until 1979 when it added arts and sciences programs through a merger with Palmer Junior College. From an initial enrollment of 240 students, Scott Community College has grown to include the Kahl Educational Center and Urban Center, both in downtown Davenport, the West Davenport Center as well as the main campus in Bettendorf, situated on 181 acres of land donated by the Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA).
Deliver high-quality education and training that prepares a skilled workforce, provides affordable access to higher education, and builds and strengthens our communities.
The EICCD Foundation was established in 2005 to support initiatives benefitting the entire EICC district. The foundation is primarily focused on support of Continuing Education-related programs. We are proud of the impact our donors have on key programs at EICC: Test fees, study materials and transportation assistance for students in Adult Basic Education/GED programs at the Career Assistance Center Videos, manikins and automated external defibrillator training equipment for our CPR training programs Materials and equipment for workforce training programs at the Blong Technology Center Training props, classrooms and other equipment for training public safety and rescue personnel at the Midwest Center for Public Safety Training Supplemental funding for the Eastern Iowa Small Business Development Center Acquisition of real estate for key district priorities, including a new West Davenport Center